Monday, March 9, 2009

Maximized Monday

Maximizing savings! This is getting to be a game and a challenge! I'm having a great time. So today on my way to work I realized I forgot my lunch. Darn! I hate putting out bucks for lunch! But then I remembered that I had one last coupon for a free Arby's Roast Burger. Yessss! So I walked over to Arbys at lunch and not only got a free burger but got in some exercise too! Of course I did splurge this time and bought a medium drink instead of a small. That cost me $1.81 instead of $1.52. But I'm worth it.

Then I went to Walgreens and got the following:
1 Irish Spring body wash ....................................................$4.49
Recieved a coupon for a free Irish Spring body wash on next trip to Walgreens
1 Edge Gel shaving cream 7 oz ...................................................$1.99
Received $1 in Register Rewards making the final cost.......... $.99
1 Crest Pro Health whitening toothpaste.............................$2.49
Used a manufacturer's coupon for ...................$1.00
Received $1.00 in Register Rewards making the final cost.$.49
1 Advil PM Liquid gels .............................................$4.49
Used a $2.00 manufacturer's coupon that was a peelie on the box.
Received $2.00 Register Rewards making final cost..................$.49
1 Fructis Conditioner on sale for.........................................$2.99
Instant Extra Savings coupon of $2.00 making final cost $.99.
I also bought 2 knee high nylons (no, not on sale, but I have to dress up tomorrow. These were .$79 for one or $1.19 for 2. I got 2.
I paid with my $10.00 Register Rewards left over from Saturday and had to pay $3.87 out of pocket. So, all in all, $17.64 in merchandise plus$1.23 tax all for $3.87 out of pocket. What a rush!

Then on my way home from work I stopped at CVS and got some Palmolive Dish soap for $1.49 and received $1.00 in Extra Care Bucks. I also scanned my CVS card and got a coupon for a free cylinder of CVS Ibuprofen to carry in my purse--a $1.99 value for free. And then, of course, I splurged again. They had Diet A&W Root Beer on sale for $.99 so I got one of those.

Last stop was HyVee. Got some more packages of shredded cheese for $.99 each and 4 lbs. of butter at $1.48 each. I should be stocked up on butter now. I also got a Red Sweet Pepper for $.88. And, of course, got my free Monday night movie from Redbox. $15.45 spent today.

We'll see what the rest of the week brings. I also mailed off my rebates today so that will bring some money in the mail.



No comments: